- October 5, 2014
- Posted by: Greg Herr
- Category: Blog, Resources
On October 29, the 2014 VRMA Annual Conference will feature a post-Conference Bootcamp Seminar in San Diego from 1-5 p.m. entitled Financial Management and Budgeting, conducted by Ben Edwards, Weatherby Consulting LLC/Newman Dailey Resort Properties.
This is an engaging workshop filled with information on how to improve a vacation rental company’s financial management and budgeting processes in order to stay competitive within the vacation rental management industry.
The four hour hands-on Financial Management and Budgeting Seminar has been designed to:
- Discuss the objectives behind financial management and reporting
- Provide fundamental, industry-specific education about accurate and timely financial statements, including chart of accounts, transactions and transaction flow, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
- Outline the importance of creating and maintaining a budget
- Demonstrate how to create a budget for a vacation rental management company and how to use this information for accurate forecasting
- Explore ways to manage against a budget, including controlling expenses and understanding the metrics associated with top line revenue
- Examine what other company owners and managers are successfully managing their finances
“I’m extremely excited to discuss this facet of the business with our peer group,” said Edwards. “Financial management and budgeting is the foundation for most vacation rental management companies and is paramount to running a successful business. That said, this comprehensive session will provide vacation rental managers with the information necessary to run their financial accounting department at a consistent and reliable level to the betterment of their vacation rental management business.”
In concurrent boot camp seminars, Doug Kennedy will be presenting on Reservations Training, and Amy Hinote, VRM Intel will be conducting a workshop on creating a 2015 marketing plan and budget.
“These post-conference seminars have been designed to be granular and highly actionable and have been specifically created to grow a vacation rental management business in 2015,” said Hinote. “Regardless of the company size or stage of growth, we feel like every attendee will walk away with a new lease on how to approach the upcoming year.”
The workshops are being held at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina and attendees can register at http://www.vrma.com/2014bootcampsessions.