- March 30, 2014
- Posted by: Greg Herr
- Category: Blog, Resources
Nov 27, 2013 –The Vacation Rental Managers Association named Ben Edwards as the new president in an executive session on November 26, 2013, replacing Heather Weiermann of All Star Vacation Homes.
Previously, on October 22, at the VRMA 2013 Annual Conference, the association held its election for Board of Directors in which the following members were elected to serve on the board:
1. Ben Edwards, Newman Dailey Resort Properties, Miramar Beach, Fla.
2. Steve Milo, Vacation Rental Pros Property Management, Ponte Vedra, Fla.
3. Mike Harrington, Resort Realty of the Outer Banks, Nags Head, N.C.
4. Carole Sharoff, Atlantic Vacation Homes/AVH Realty, Gloucester, Maine
5. Heather Weiermann, All Star Vacation Homes, La Jolla, Calif.
6. Jodi Taylor Refosco, Taylor-Made Deep Creek Vacations, McHenry, Md. * (1 year term)
7. Matt Curtis, HomeAway, Inc., Austin, TX
Following the election, on October 23, the newly elected board met and elected its new president, Heather Weiermann, then owner and CEO of Southern California Vacation Rentals.
In an executive session on November 26, preceding the November Board of Directors Meeting, the board voted to name a new president and chose Ben Edwards of Newman-Dailey.
“I support Ben as President and know he will do an excellent job in this role,” said outgoing President Heather Weiermann.
Ben’s acceptance of the position is effective immediately. Weiermann will continue serving on the VRMA Board of Directors.
The VRMA Board of Directors is also comprised of existing members, Bob Milne of Wyndham Vacation Rentals, Alan Hammond of Holiday Vacation Rentals, Resorts and Inns, Maureen Reagan of Seaside Vacation Rentals, Lee Hughes of CSA Travel Protection, and Tristan Webb of Utah Vacation Rentals.
By Amy Hinote, VRM Intel